Tuesday, March 07, 2006

You can now subscribe to this blog

My study of RSS in a Dummies book has worked for me. Today I created my first Web feeds, also called news feeds.

If you blog much at all you have seen the little orange or blue stickers that say RSS or XML or ATOM. Both Atom and RSS are syndication formats and are XML files. Actually I ended up using Atom instead of RSS. Mostly because that's what Blogger.com wants. And it works. Had enough techno babble already?

What all this means is...now you can easily check to see if I have added any new posts. And you won't need to log on to this blog to find out. All you need is an aggregator, that's a Web feed collector and reader. Don't worry they are easy and free.

A good one to start with is NewsGator. (News + aggregator, get it?)

You will need to register and create a password.

Then click on 'add feeds' and just type in or cut and paste this -- http://kenyopensacola2.blogspot.com/atom.xml -- and follow the screen prompts.

While you are at it go ahead and add feeds to other favorite blogs from NewsGator's huge directory.

If this works for you, or if you have any problems, leave a comment and I will get back to you.

No comments: