Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Starting over, Part 2

Yesterday I made a few tiny changes to my blog settings. Then I republished the blog. And it was gone. Replaced by raw code. All that unmentionable CSS code. For all you blessedly simple heatrted folks who just have fun on your computers, CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. The raw code is ugly looking and it's the Internet equivalent of that slime dripping space monster from Aliens.

Somehow either the Blogspot.com program or my meddling had totally erased the bottom half of my template. It wasn't even an HTML page anymore.

I sent a message to the Blogger folks and they wrote back they were sure my problem was covered somewhere in their help pages. Perhaps if I wanted the problem fixed I had better get to lookin' through their site real good.

Assuming that they say this to get rid of 99 percent of the help emails they get everyday, I replied that I had indeed looked real good. And please have some live person help me.

I didn't have much time because I was off to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned and the problem gums scraped with some sharp metal pointy things.

Later I killed off the original blog and now you have version 2. No relpy from Blogger, yet.

No comments: